Part of Symonson's Map of Kent 1596
What I offer
- For all family and local history research and reporting, £17 an hour plus travel expenses
- Certificates charged at cost plus any research time involved
- Photocopies, postage, etc charged at cost
- Payment in advance in pounds sterling by banker's draft, money order or direct bank-to-bank transfer
In genealogy it's impossible to predict how much it will cost to research an entire family. So much depends on what documents have survived and how mobile your ancestors were. A family resident in one village for a hundred years is likely to be easier to trace than a family which moved around a lot. But if the parish registers were poorly kept, or if the more mobile family left informative wills, the position would be reversed. There are no hard and fast rules.
- I travel round Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Huntingdonshire, Northamptonshire, West Essex and London. Other areas by negotiation
- My hourly rate includes a report and advice on the next stage of research
- I would be delighted to take photographs for you of buildings, monuments, documents and locations.
- I'm a long-standing member of AGRA which upholds high standards and good professional conduct in genealogical research. It has a Code of Practice and a complaints procedure.
It's usual for a client to lay out an initial sum for at least two hours' research and reporting. When you receive your report you can decide whether or not to continue. With large commissions I report to you regularly on progress, but two hours is the minimum I can work with. Payment is always in advance, and if any money remains when the research project is finished I refund it less any currency transfer costs.
Please contact me to discuss what stage your research is at and what help you'd like initially. I will get back to you very shortly and we can take things from there.